BOOK II: Thinking of you…
Of course after that I didn’t up just by the thought of him. What do you think of me? Thinking of you?... It’s not like drugs.
I just never thought that someday you would become a part inside my clattered thoughts…
Organization days are like magic, you go down the hall and feel that you already know everybody, you can exchange high fives just by anyone, you smile at anyone. After the day is over, everything goes back to normal, the paper works, exams, reports and the people you see in the hallway are now strangers. Strangely enough it surprised me when you said…“hi”.
Hmm so we are now strangers no more to each other, I guess org. days have it’s own magic…Anyway later I know he was kinda popular, that he was the champion of the quiz bowl, that he was what he was…haha (lost of words) not until my friend said “naa bay gwapo sa engineering?”
“naa ba? Murag wla man ata…haha”
“hmm murag naa oi si…”
And the rest was history, from that day on, I’ve decided to brand him as “gwapo” but I didn’t forgot that he was smart…for the sake of having a crush I considered his beauty but it was really his brain. After giving him the title as official crush, I started to look for him on the entrance, the stairs, hall way, faculty, canteen, in the fields, or even in the malls because of the shear happiness that it brings in my day. Just like sunlight. Naks! Even without effort I’ve memorize your schedule.
One time, as me and my friends were just strolling the mall, I’ve seen you from that far, you were heading the opposite way. So I signaled my friend that you are the one I’m talking about. As our paths cross, there was no hi, no wave or nod. It’s always like that no signs of reckoning when we are surrounded with friends. But I’m not fretting, the feeling is mutual. Anyway, as we crossed paths, few steps and I turned back to watch you stride away but to my surprise you were also staring back.
My favorite parts maybe was even when I’m not looking for you, as if a flash of instinct telling me to look ahead and it never fails our eyes always met. Just like the lyrics
“out of the corner of my eye will be the only way you’re looking at me then..”
You were taking turns inside my dreams too. Occupying it. But I don’t mind, haha.
My spare time was also spend imagining conversations, funny talk, day dreaming and when I caught myself I have to stop myself from saying something that I should’ve never thought. I’ve learned to link you in every song or lyrics, characters in books and see you in the artist I like. It’s more of they look like you rather than you look like them.
Inevitably the day always end, darkness fall, and stars alight and twinkle. I walked home. Everyday routine. Maybe I’ll dream of you tonight, tomorrow I’ll see you again and it didn’t occurred to me before, something stirred inside me, I’ve realized I won’t be seeing you again, you were graduating soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment